Search For Knowledge

Google

Friday, August 10, 2007

Intelligent search engine?

Today I searched the basic functions of the project I'm working with, and performed some search options available with. The application used to perform some default search if we not specified (default specification is there) anything. I removed all the default search input and performed the search. (Without any input) But it result me the same default search. Actually I expected some error message to insist the end user to give some input (intelligent programming…:-). But it was not. (it has a special specification to result everything in the DB)

Then I did an empty search test in some famous search engines. Just open some search engines, without entering any search key perform the search. Aaha it all returns to its original page. This happened to most of the search engine like Google, yahoo, AltaVista, etc.

What I expect in the search engine is this.

The search engine may result some message (error) to the user to enter some input or at least it may lead to the web search help page.
The search engine may provide some search result about the empty space (preferably white space or blank space).

I really don’t know what is right on this case. Anyone want to comment about this…pls shoot.

No comments: